Madison Professional Dance Center COVID19 Safety Protocol
(image copyright WKOW-Madison)
- We are following Dane County Emergency Order #8, which requires people age 5 and up to wear masks indoors. We understand that some are exempt from this requirement – if your dancer is exempt, please let us know.. We suggest using a mask made from breathable fabric.
- Dancers need to bring a water bottle. The water fountain is only to be used to fill up water bottles if needed.
- The lobby is closed at this time, except to parents of young dancers (age 3-5) who might need a parent nearby, or parents of a dancer with special needs. Anyone in the facility will need to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- The dressing rooms are closed at this time. Dancers – please arrive dressed for class. Dance bags and personal belongings should be taken into the classroom.
- Please wash your hands/use hand sanitizer upon arrival at MPDC (there is hand sanitizer just inside the main door), after class, after coughing or sneezing, after touching your mask, after using the restroom and when leaving the facility.
- Toilet lids should be closed before flushing.
- When using the restroom, please open the door by covering the handle with a paper towel – then dispose of the towel in the trash.
- No touch receptacles are provided.
- Floors in studios are marked with tape so dancers can remain at least 6 feet apart.
Keeping everyone in the MPDC family safe is our goal. To that end – if your dancer is sick or has a temperature, please keep them home. If someone in your house is sick, please keep them home. If your dancer has allergies and can’t control sneezing, please keep them home. We can always send dancers who need to stay home a link to join class via Zoom.
If your dancer (or someone in your household) has a known exposure to COVID-19, we ask that you follow these steps:
- Quarantine for at least 5 days
- After the 5 day quarantine, we ask that the dancer get tested for COVID-19.
- Once your dancer receives a negative test result, they may return to dance
Dancer In-studio participation questionnaire:
- Have you had a fever of over 100 degrees in the last 24 hours?
- Do you have a new or worsening cough?
- Do you have shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Have you had a sudden loss of smell or taste?
- Do you have a headache, sore throat, or any GI issues such as nausea or diarrhea?
If your answer is “yes” to any of the above questions, please stay home and virtually participate in any dance classes.